KPFT WBAI KPFK WPFW KPFA
VOTE “NO” TO SAVE PACIFICA!
VOTE “NO” ON BYLAW REPLACEMENT!!
VOTING ON OUR PACIFICA BYLAWS HAS BEGUN!
IF YOU DIDN’T GET A BALLOT, SEE BELOW
Why did I get a ballot?
A group within Pacifica wants to replace our bylaws, but because their plan would eliminate many member rights and opportunities, the current bylaws allow all of us – the listeners and staff of Pacifica’s 5 stations – to approve or disapprove the change. SEE BELOW IF YOU NEED A BALLOT BY E-MAIL OR A PAPER BALLOT.
What are “bylaws?”
Bylaws are like the Constitution and a Rule Book rolled into one. Bylaws determine how Pacifica’s radio stations are run, by whom, and for whom.
Who wants to change the Bylaws?
The small group pushing this massive change would end staff representation; halve the number of members’ votes needed to sell a station, building or the Pacifica Radio Archives; reduce the value of volunteers’ work to $3/hour; allow only 1 elected member-rep per station virtually eliminating diversity and making electeds a permanent minority on a self-perpetuating tokenistic board. We can revise our bylaws without secret committees, anti-union staff lockouts, lawsuits or 2 round$ of election$ within a year.
• Listeners who contributed $25 or volunteered 3 hours btw. Jan. 3, 2019 & Jan. 2, 2020
(Couples / households that have contributed at least $50 can request 2 separate ballots.)
• Listeners who volunteered on Local Station Board committees during that period
• Paid Non-Management Staff on payroll by Jan. 2, 2020
• Unpaid Staff who worked 30 hours (on- and off-air) Oct. 3, 2019 to Jan. 2, 2020
Thurs. Mar. 19: Paper ballots are due by close of business! E-voting ends11:59pm ET.
FOUND YOUR BALLOT?
• Online, via link in an email sent on Feb. 18, 2020. Search for “vote@SimplyVoting.com” OR
• A postcard in the mail with your voting info underneath the scratch-off, OR
• Paper ballots, from “Honest Ballot”, to those who got one for last election.
If you didn’t get your ballot or postcard as described above, or if you want a paper ballot, use this form: https://is.gd/i8iT7i or call: 510-931-7504. REMEMBER, unless you got one last year, the only way to get a paper ballot is to make a request.